ATD Hobbies uses Canada Post as our priority shipper. Using Canada Post allows us to ship to every address in Canada,the United States of America and over 31 countries around the world, whereas most other couriers cannot. Orders are shipped from Penticton, British Columbia, Canada. The rates are based on actual Canada Post shipping costs for each parcel and destination. Shipping charges are subject to adjustment depending on the final weight and size of the package being sent and the service chosen.
Orders over $50 before taxes require insurance and must have tracking numbers, and are shipped as a parcel. All orders being processed to the United States and outside of North America require insurance and must have tracking numbers (no exceptions!).
Orders under $25 that will fit into a 18cm x 18cm x 2cm bubble envelope weighing less than 500g, will ship as such and at a flat rate fee of $5.00 within Canada only.
Free Shipping Program
For a limited time only, ATD Hobbies is offering free shipping on all eligible non-oversize parcels containing $99 or more in product via Canada Post Expedited Ground to eligible service areas within Canada only.
- Parcels will only be shipped using Canada Post Expedited Ground service.
- Non-oversized parcels containing $99 or more of product will have the basic shipping charges waived.
- A parcel is considered oversized if it exceeds 48,000 cubic centimeters of volume (length x width x height).
- In the event that the parcel is oversized ATD Hobbies will pay the basic shipping charge for a parcel up to 48,000 cubic centimeters of volume and the customer will be charged the difference between 48,000 cubic centimeters and the actual parcel volume.
- If the parcel is over 1 meter in length, an over length fee of $10.00 will apply.
- All parcels MUST carry insurance and will be charged at the Canada Post rate of $1.85 per $100 insurable value of the parcel.
- Special order and out of stock items are not eligible to receive this discount
- Eligible orders must be placed and shipped within Canada only
- Value of the product is the order subtotal and does not include applicable taxes.
- Dangerous Goods: Fuel and other dangerous goods such as Li-Po batteries, and spray cans can only be shipped by courier, not Canada Post and special charges apply.Please call for details.
- Expedited ground is not available for extra large parcels exceeding 300cm length plus width.
- Remote desintations where Canada Post Expedited ground is not available as a service.
ATD Hobbies strives to process orders in 24 hours or less from when they are placed during business days that comply with our store hours. Orders that are placed Monday through Friday are processed the following business day. Order placed during Saturday & Sunday are processed on Tuesday as our office is closed Monday. Canada Post is open Monday through Friday for picking up & receiving orders. If you have questions about order processing please contact us for more details.
Expedited is the most economical way to have your order shipped and is usually delivered within 3-7 business days to most centers within Canada.
Express Post is usually 2-5 business day delivery to all major centers in Canada. Outlying areas may be slightly longer.
Priority Courier is usually next business day delivery to all major centers within Canada. Outlying areas may be slightly longer.
USA Shipping Method:
For US orders, ATD Hobbies provides two of the following options:
- Surface Mail: is the cheapest method with a deilvery time of 2-4 weeks. No insurance or tracking information is provided with this shipping method.
- Expedited USA: best value and a delivery time of 3-7 business days. Rates start at approx $20.00 for small packages. Insurance and tracking information is provided.
International Shipping Method:
For international orders shipping outside of Canada & the USA, ATD Hobbies provides the following options:
Shipping charges are subject to adjustment depending on the final weight and size of the package being sent, the service chosen and the delivery destination. Items restricted include dangerous goods and prohibited items of the desitination country will be removed prior to shipping.
- Priority Worldwide Air: delivery time of 2-3 business days. Insurance and tracking information is provided. Maxmium weight is 20-30kg with no oversized parcel options.
- Xpresspost International: delivery time of 4-7 business days by air. Insurance and tracking information is provided. Maxmium weight is 20-30kg with no oversized parcel options.
- International Parcel Air: delivery time of 12 or more business days by air. No tracking information is provided. Insurance is included. Maxmium weight is 20-30kg with no oversized parcel options.
- International Parcel Surface: delivery time of 4-12 weeks. No tracking information is provided. Insurance is included. Maxmium weight is 20-30kg with no oversized parcel options.
- Tracked Packet International Air: delivery time of 6-10 business days. Tracking information and insurance is provided. Maximum weight is 2kg with no overside parcel options.
- Small Packet International Air: delivery time of 6-10 business days. No tracking information and/or insurance is provided. Maximum weight is 2kg with no overside parcel options.
- Small Packet International Surface: delivery time of 4-12 weeks. No tracking information and/or insurance is provided. Maximum weight is 2kg with no overside parcel options.
Additional charges that could apply:
A $10.00 oversize fee will apply if package is over 1.0 meter (39″) in length. This will include many R/C aircraft kits or Almost-Ready-to-Fly models.
All shipments must be insured. An insurance charge of $1.85 per $100.00 of order value will be applied to all orders.
Fuel and other dangerous goods such as rocket engines, Li-Po batteries, and spray cans can only be shipped by courier and special charges apply.Please call for details.
Other Shipping Methods:
We are able to offer the services of Purolator, UPS and FedEx to our customers. If you wish to use one of the services not listed during the order check out process please contact us for further instructions.
Tracking Information will be provided via email once the order has been shipped.
Please inspect all packages for damages before accepting the parcel. If there is visible damage (dents, parcel penetration, water damage, etc;) please ask the courier to make note before signing for the parcel. Without this information we are unable to file a damages claim with the courier.
Upon receiving your package if there is damage to the parcel once opened, please contact our customer service department at 1-250-486-3657. We email you the process to being a claim process.